Caramel Snack Mix


It's been a while since I've posted a recipe, it's not for lack of cooking, but more for lack of taking the time to post receipes...and also I really like the recipes that are already posted, so I've been using the blog to do lots of my cooking.  I only post the good recipes, so it makes choosing what to make for dinner very easy :-)

I am bringing a snack mix to share at work tomorrow.  This recipe was actually given to me by a co-worker who has since retired.  It's a winner and I've used the recipe many times.  It makes a lot, so when my kids were younger, it was a great recipe to bring for picnics or other events.

Ingredients:

17 ounces of rice and/or corn cereal - I used Chex Rice Cereal this time, I've often used a box of Crispix
1 can of nuts - I'm partial to cashews, but use whatever nuts you like
1 bag Fritos - I like the big scoops because they hold more of the caramel sauce
2 sticks butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
pinch of salt

Mix the cereal, nuts, and Fritos together in a large bowl.  Grease 2 9x13 cake pans and divide the cereal mixture between the two pans.
Melt the butter in a sauce pan, then add brown sugar, corn syrup and salt and bring to a boil.  Boil the mixture for 2 minutes.
Pour the caramel mixture evenly over the two pans of cereal mix.
Bake at 275 for 45 minutes - stirring the mixture every 15 minutes.
Spread on parchment paper to cool and then store in a sealed container.
Enjoy and be ready to share the recipe with whoever you share the snack mix with :-)


Ingredients

Making the caramel mixture

Divided the dry ingredients into two pans

Baking the Snack Mix



Finished mix...Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts