French Toast Bake
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- Approximately 8 ounces of french bread, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon (to sprinkle over top)
- Brown sugar (to sprinkle over top)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Grease a 11" x 7" baking dish
- Put the 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup of brown sugar in a small saucepan on medium-low heat. Stir until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved into the butter.
- Pour the brown sugar butter mixture into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Whisk milk, eggs, and vanilla extract together in a medium bowl. Add the bread to the mixture and stir so that every piece of bread has been soaked in the mixture.
- Put the bread (and any remaining milk-egg-vanilla mixture) in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar over the top.
- Bake until browned and bubbling, between 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with fruit or whipped cream or just eat by itself.