We made a big batch so that we could have them for lunches that week. These would be awesome to make for kids too. They really do taste like breaded chicken nuggets.
When we made them, we tripled the recipe but the ingredients listed below would make one batch.
Baked Chicken Nuggets
- 3 boneless chicken breasts (approximately 1 lb. combined)
- 3 tsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp wheat bread crumbs (or you can use panko bread crumbs)
- Cooking spray (using olive oil in a Misto works great)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut chicken into bite-size cubes.
- Combine the chicken with the olive oil and all of the seasonings (from salt through black pepper) in a bowl, massaging the seasonings into the chicken.
- Next add the bread crumbs to the bowl and mix so that all pieces of chicken are coated in breadcrumbs. (You can also choose to do this step in a Ziploc bag if you wish but the bowl worked fine for me.)
- Spray the baking sheet with olive oil in a Misto (or cooking spray)
- Lay the pieces of chicken in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes, flip the chicken nuggets over, and bake for 8 more minutes (16 minutes total).