- 12 oz of pasta (I used whole wheat shells but rigatoni would be great too)
- 1 pound of turkey breast (could also use Italian sausage)
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 8 oz of mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 10 oz of ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 10 oz of frozen collard greens (or spinach)
- 4 cups of pasta/marinara sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil spray
- Cook pasta al dente (or less) according to directions on package
- Brown the turkey
- Combine the three cheeses in a separate bowl (1/2 cup of the Parmesan, all of mozzarella, and all of the ricotta)
- Once turkey is browned, add olive oil, collard greens, and garlic to skillet for about 3-5 minutes.
- Then add pasta/marinara sauce to meat mixture and cook on low until the pasta is done.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drain and rinse pasta once cooked to al dente.
- Spray 9 x 13 inch baking dish with olive oil.
- Spread half of the pasta on the bottom of the baking dish, followed by half of the meat marinara mixture, and then half of the cheese mixture. Spread each layer so that it evenly coats the previous layer.
- Repeat: spread half of the pasta, followed by half of the meat marinara mixture, and finally the last half of the cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Cook for 20 minutes with foil; then remove foil and cook for an additional 6-7 minutes until cheese is melted and edges are brown.
|Before going in the oven|
|Right after coming out of the oven|