Caprese Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups of water or chicken/vegetable broth (the broth gives the quinoa more flavor)
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella (chopped)
- 1 carton of grape tomatoes (halved)
- 2 tbsp of fresh basil (chopped)
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the quinoa and water or broth to a medium pot or skillet. Bring to a boil. Once the quinoa begins to boil, turn the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Once quinoa is finished cooking, place in refrigerator to cool for 20-60 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooling, begin to chop the mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil.
- Once the quinoa is cool, combine all of the ingredients in a medium-large bowl and mix together.
- Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes longer or until serving.
|The full meal: Rosemary Lemon Chicken, Caprese Quinoa Salad, and Strawberries|