Spicy Bean and Quinoa Salad with Mole Vinagrette


It's been a while since I posted a recipe...part of the reason is that I've been reusing lots of the recipes already posted and part is because I did take a little break from the winter scene and spent a week in Florida.  Kelly has kept pace while I've been away :-)

I found this recipe in the April 2014 edition of Cooking Light.  I like to have a few vegetarian options, especially during Lent and thought this one had a nice flavor

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon grated orange rind
3/4 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice

1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon adobo sauce from canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cups cooked quinoa, room temperature (I preferred my still warm)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 jalapeno pepper, diced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 15 ounce can black beans rinsed
4 cups baby spinach leaves

Combine ingredients from orange rind through adobo sauce into a small bowl, next slowly add olive oil while stirring well with a whisk.  This makes the Mole Vinagrette.

Combine quinoa and all other ingredients besides spinach.  Next add the Mole Vinagrette and toss to coat.  Finally add spinach and toss to combine.  Serve and Enjoy!

Ingredients
Salad Ingredients(besides spinach combined)

Mole Vinagrette


Finished Salad



Comments

Popular Posts