It requires time to marinade, but it was well worth it!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh herbs (parsley, thyme and cilantro)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- salt and pepper, freshly ground
- 1 1/2 pounds large to x-large-shrimp, peeled with tails in tact, and deveined
- Spinach leaves
- Lemon slices
Combine first 8 ingredients in large bowl. Mix in shrimp. Marinate at room temperature 1 hour or in the refrigerator 5 hours, stirring occasionally. Prepare barbecue with medium hot coals. Soak the skewers in water to prevent burning on the grill. Thread shrimp on narrow skewers. Grill until just opaque, about 2 minutes per side. Line platter with spinach. Arrange skewers on platter. Garnish with lemon and serve.
|Shrimp in Marinade|
|Shrimp placed on skewers|
|Barbecuing the Shrimp|
|Nice Sunny Day and Yummy Shrimp!|