I did not have ground chicken or Szechuan peppercorns on hand, so I substituted ground turkey and regular peppercorns. It might not have been quite as tingly, but it was good.
- 1 cup English Cucumbers, in matchsticks (or use seeded Cucumbers)
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 3 cloves grated Garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp ground Szechuan Peppercorns
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 bunch torn, stemmed Rainbow Chard leaves (or use Swiss Chard)
- 9 oz wide Rice Noodle (or use Egg Noodles)
- 1 lb ground Chicken
- 1” peeled, grated Ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp Sriracha
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 bunch trimmed, sliced Scallions
- Lime wedges
- Sprinkle cucumbers with salt and sugar, tossing well to coat evenly.
- Mix ginger with garlic, chicken, Sriracha, and peppercorns.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium high.
- Cook chicken mixture, breaking it up as it browns for about nine minutes.
- Pour in stock with soy sauce, fish sauce, and one cup of water.
- Stir and deglaze with a wooden spoon.
- Bring to a simmer and add scallions with chard.
- Stir a couple minutes, just long enough to wilt the chard.
- Cook noodles in a large pot, following box directions.
- Divide noodles among bowls.
- Serve chicken mix with cucumbers and lime wedges over the noodles.
|Boiling the noodles|
|Browning the turkey mixture|
|Matchstick cucumber pieces salted and sugared|
|Chicken Stock and Water Added to Turkey|
|Swiss chard and Green Onions added|
|Noodle Bowl assembled...Enjoy!|