I have made a lot of homemade pizzas before and if you have time to make your own crust, good for you! But if you, like most of us are crunched for time, this is amazing! The English muffins stay relatively soft but get crisp on the outside and have great flavor.
I'm going to share the recipe for the pizzas that I made but the possibilities are endless with this one. You really can use any ingredients you and your family likes. If everyone wants to make their own and you want to keep the pizzas straight, use parchment paper to put under the pizzas and have each person write their name on the parchment paper. My mom and I did this for homemade pizzas at my sister-in-law's bridal shower and it worked wonderfully! Speaking of which, these would be an awesome idea for bridal showers, baby showers, and parties!
English Muffin Pizzas
Ingredients (the amount of ingredients varies by how many pizzas you are making and personal preference for how heavy the ingredients are piled on):
- English muffins (white or whole wheat - sliced in half)
- Spaghetti sauce (I used Prego Chunky Garden: Tomato, Onion, and Garlic)
- Italian seasoning
- Canadian bacon (chopped)
- Pineapple (chopped)
- Green olives (chopped)
- Cheddar and Monterrey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop any ingredients you need to chop.
- Place English muffin halves on a baking sheet.
- Use a spoon to place spaghetti/pizza sauce on muffins and spread it around.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning on.
- Place the toppings on (Canadian bacon, pineapples, and green olives).
- Sprinkle cheese on the top.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes (or until cheese is melted and edges are crispy).
|Step #3: English Muffins|
|Step #4: Add sauce|
|Step #5: Add seasoning|
|Step #6: Add meat|
|Step #6: Add pineapple|
|Step #6: Add green olives|
|Step #7: Add cheese|
|All cooked and ready to enjoy -- only 10 minutes!!|
The possibilities for toppings are endless! Here is a list to get inspired by:
Sauces: pizza sauce, spaghetti sauce, BBQ sauce, salsa, pesto
Seasonings: Italian, basil, parsley, garlic, oregano, rosemary
Meats: sausage, pepperoni, Canadian bacon, ground hamburger/turkey, shredded chicken, bacon, meatballs
Vegetables/Fruits: pineapple, green olives, black olives, green peppers, avocado, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, spinach, yellow peppers, apples
Cheeses: mozzarella, cheddar, colby jack, gouda, brie, monterrey jack, parmesan, ricotta