Hawaiian Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
- 20 oz can of pineapple chunks
- Medium onion (diced)
- 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of paprika
- 6 oz of tomato paste
- 2 tbsp of minced garlic
- 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 3 chicken breasts
Ingredients for Serving:
- Sandwich or hamburger buns (we used whole wheat hoagie buns)
- Cheese (we used Colby Jack)
- Lettuce or spinach
- Barbeque sauce
- Tomato (sliced)
- Pickles (sweet or dill)
- Caramelized onions
- Combine all of the ingredients (except the chicken) in a crockpot.
- Mix well.
- Add chicken; push the chicken down so that it is covered by sauce.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Shortly before serving, take the chicken out of crockpot and shred with a fork (it should be well enough cooked that it falls apart).
- Put shredded chicken back into crockpot for a short amount of time to reabsorb the flavors (10-15 minutes).
- Serve on a bun with any desired sandwich toppings.
|After adding all of the ingredients to the crockpot|
|After shredding the chicken|
|The sandwich with the caramelized onions on it|