Harvest Pumpkin Bread

I found another recipe from the Sprinfield, Il cookbook called Honest to Goodness.  This time, I was looking for something to help me us up my pumpkins that I'd been using for decorations for both Halloween and Thanksgiving.  I stuck pretty close to the original recipe this time, but did add vanilla and cut the amount of recommended nutmeg in half.  I'm not a big fan of raisins and Tim is not a big fan of nuts, so we left those ingredients out.  As you can see this recipe has plenty of options to cater to your specific tastes.


Ingredients:

3 cups sugar
1 cup oil
4 eggs
2 cups pureed pumpkin (or canned pumpkin)
3 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves (optional - I added)
2/3  cup water
2 cups chopped walnuts (optional - I did not add)
2 cups raisins (optional - I did not add)

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream the sugar and oil together.  Add eggs and pumpkin and mix well.  Add the rest of the ingredients  and mix well.   Pour batter into greased muffin tins (or use paper muffin wrappers).  Bake muffins for 22 minutes.    Makes 24 muffins.

Optionally, you can make two 9x5 loaves and bake for 1 hour or until done.


Ingredients

Eggs and oil creamed together

Adding the rest of the ingredients
Finished muffins



Comments

Popular Posts