Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups
- 1 lb of lasagna noodles
- 15 oz of ricotta cheese
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 10 oz of frozen spinach
- 2 1/2 cups of marinara sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning or basil
- Cook the lasagna noodles al dente according to instructions on the box. Generally get a large pot of water with a dash of salt boiling; when boiling, add lasagna noodles and cook 10-12 minutes; drain noodles when done cooking.
- While the noodles are cooking, prepare the filling. Thaw the frozen spinach in the microwave; when it is fully thawed, use paper towels to squeeze out excess liquid.
- While the spinach is thawing, combine the ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, salt/pepper, and egg in a bowl.
- After spinach is thawed, add to cheese mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking dish with the olive oil spray.
- On a clean surface (like a cutting board), lay out a few noodles at a time. Place a large scoop of the cheese mixture and spread across noodle. The filling should be thinly spread across the noodle (once rolled, it will be thicker).
- Roll the noodles and place in the baking dish. Repeat until the filling is gone (there may be noodles left over).
- Pour the marinara sauce over the rolled noodles.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning or basil as well as any extra Parmesan cheese over the top and serve.
|The ingredients (missing the marinara and Italian seasoning)|
|Mixing the filling|
|Boiling the noodles|
|Spreading the filling in the noodles|
|The filled and rolled noodles|
|All of the filled and rolled noodles in the baking dish|
|Cooked and covered in marinara and sprinkled with Italian seasoning|
|The final meal (with multi-color carrots from the farmer's market)|