BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup of BBQ sauce
- 1/3 cup of orange juice
- 1 pizza crust (either premade or homemade)
- 2 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 red onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp of fresh basil (minced)
- 1 tbsp of fresh oregano (minced)
- 1 tbsp of fresh sage (minced)
- 2 cups of cheese: Formaggio with Roasted Garlic, Tomato, and Basil (shredded)
- The night before or a few hours before, marinade the chicken breast in 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce and 1/3 cup of orange juice; the orange juice is a trick Will taught me that helps meat absorb more flavor due to its acidity.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook chicken for 20-25 minutes or until done.
- While the chicken is cooking, chop the tomatoes, onions, and fresh herbs and shred the cheese.
- Place the pizza crust on a pizza pan.
- Spread the remaining 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce over the pizza crust.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes and onions over the pizza crust.
- Once chicken is done cooking, turn the oven up to 375 degrees for the pizza.
- Shred the chicken into bite size pieces and sprinkle it over the pizza crust.
- Sprinkle the herbs over the pizza crust.
- Finally, sprinkle the cheese over the whole pizza.
- Cook the pizza for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden.
- Cut into slices and serve!
|Preparing the pizza|
|Pizza without the cheese|
|The whole meal with amber beer and fresh berries|