Grilled Pesto Chicken and Tomato Kebabs
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 3 boneless chicken breasts (chopped)
- 1 carton of cherry tomatoes
- 8 wooden skewers
- Combine basil, garlic, feta, and salt/pepper in a food processor until minced.
- Add olive oil and pulse food processor again until smooth.
- Chop raw chicken breast into bite-size pieces.
- Combine the chicken pieces and pesto mixture in a bowl and marinate overnight or for at least a few hours.
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent them from catching on fire; otherwise you can use metal skewers to avoid this step.
- Thread the chicken and tomatoes on the skewer; starting and ending with a chicken piece.
- Heat the grill to medium heat (375-400 degrees).
- Place the chicken kebabs on grill and cook for 3-4 minutes, then turn and cook for another 2-3 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
|Step 1-2: Pesto being made|
|Step 4: Chicken marinating in the pesto|
|Step 6: Uncooked skewers ready to go on the grill|
|Step 8: Kebabs on the grill|
|The griller :-)|
|The whole meal ready to enjoy|