This recipe makes 2 dozen cupcakes (24).
Mint Chocolate Cupcakes
- 3 cups of flour
- 2/3 cups of Hershey's cocoa powder
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 cups of cold water
- 2/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 3 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of mint extract
- 2 tbsp of white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together the dry ingredients in a medium size bowl: flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt
- Whisk together the wet ingredients in a separate medium size bowl: cold water, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, mint extract, and white vinegar.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/3 of the dry ingredients and 1/2 of the wet ingredients. Once that is combined, add 1/2 of the remaining dry ingredients and all of the remaining wet ingredients and stir again. After that is combined, add the remaining dry ingredients and stir a little while longer until everything is completely combined.
- Use a ladle to pour the batter into cupcake liners in a muffin/cupcake pan.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, until you can stick a toothpick in the center of the cupcakes without any dough/batter coming out on it when you pull the toothpick out.
- Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
- To frost, you can either buy store-bought chocolate frosting or use this homemade recipe that I used to make mint buttercream frosting. You can also add any sprinkles if you want after frosting.