Mint Buttercream Frosting
- 1 stick of butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1/2 cup of shortening
- 2 tbsp of mint extract
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp of cold milk
- 2-4 drops of green food coloring (optional)
- Cream the butter and shortening together with a mixer.
- Add the mint extract and combine well.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar to the butter/shortening/extract mixture, taking breaks to mix it in with the mixer.
- After all the sugar has been added, add the milk one tablespoon at a time, combining well with the mixer after each addition.
- Finally add the green food coloring and mix until the frosting is the desired consistency and color.