It originally came from Gimme Some Oven.
Pesto Pasta with Turkey Sausage and Brussel Sprouts
- 1 lb of brussel sprouts (halved)
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 lb (16 oz) of pasta (the original recipe calls for Orecchiette but I normally can't find it and use whole wheat bow-tie or penne)
- 10-14 oz of turkey kielbasa or chicken sausage
- 4 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of pesto
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut the brussel sprouts in half and cut off the stem part on the bottom. In a bowl, mix the brussel sprouts, about 2 tbsp of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place tin foil on a baking sheet and spread brussel sprouts out over the sheet. Roast for 20-30 minutes. Flip brussel sprouts half way through cooking time. When done, remove from oven and set aside.
- Start cooking pasta according to package directions. When pasta is done cooking, rinse with cold water.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Cook the kielbasa/sausage for about 6-8 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute or two.
- Combine the cooked pasta, roasted brussel sprouts, and the cooked sausage and garlic. Mix in the pesto and top with parmesan cheese.
|Step 4: Cooking the kielbasa and garlic.|
|The pesto that I used.|
|All mixed together.|
|Ready to enjoy!|