Chicken and Asparagus Stir-Fry
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 3 green onions
- 4 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 tbsp of sweet chili sauce
- 1 cup of uncooked wild rice (or your choice of rice)
- The night before (or an hour before) chop the uncooked boneless chicken breasts into bite-size cubes. Place the cubes in a container with orange juice, ginger, honey, and soy sauce. Let marinate overnight or for an hour or two in the refrigerator.
- Start cooking the rice; bring 2 cups of water and 1 cup of rice to a boil and let simmer for 40-50 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking and is about halfway done (20 minutes left), steam the asparagus. First, chop the asparagus into bite-size pieces. Then steam it by following these instructions: http://www.wikihow.com/Steam-Asparagus. I steamed mine using the microwave but you could use one of these other methods.
- While asparagus is being steamed, begin cooking the chicken. Dump the whole mixture from the marinating bowl into a large skillet and cook on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes (or until chicken is mostly cooked).
- While chicken is cooking, chop the green onions into small pieces.
- Once the chicken is mostly cooked, add the green onions and minced garlic to the skillet and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Then add the steamed asparagus and the sweet chili sauce to the skillet and cook for another 2-4 minutes.
- Serve the mixture over the rice and enjoy!
|Cooking the chicken|
|After adding the green onions and garlic|
|After adding the asparagus|