Easy Jumbalaya

 I decided to spice things up a bit and try some Jumbalaya.  I looked at a few recipes and decided to make my own version.

First off, I made a mixture of spices for creole seasoning:

Creole Seasoning:

2 tablespoons kosher salt
2 tablespoons garlic salt
2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper - if you like it spicier, you can kick this up to a tablespoon
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon dried oregano

Now on to the Jumbalaya

12 ounces shrimp
16 pound kielbasa
1 large onion chopped
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 tablespoon canola oil
3 cups tomato juice - I used my homemade version which was a bit more like salsa :-)
4 tablespoons creole seasoning (see recipe above)

Heat a skillet to medium high with the canola oil in the bottom - add onions, jalepeno pepper, and kielbasa sausage - cook until sausage is slightly browned.  Next add shrimp and cook until they are pink.  Finally add rice, tomato juice and creole seasoning and cook until heated through.




Ingredients...I choose not to add the mixed veggies after I took this picture

Saute-ing the onions, garlic, pepper, and kielbasa

Adding the shrimp

Finishing up the cooking



Comments

Popular Posts