Kale, Mushrooms, and Chicken

My parents garden in flourishing and they always share the fruits of their harvest with us.  We are a lucky set of sisters!  When I went to visit my parent last, they had lots of kale.  I haven't used this in very many recipes, but thought I'd just wing it and try something new.

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon garlic
2 chicken breast chopped into 1 inch cubes
2 pounds fresh mushrooms (I used portabella, but any kind will do)
8 ounces of kale - chopped and any large stems removed (I've heard that is the bitter part of kale)
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup olive oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Heat oven to 350 degrees
Drizzle olive oil in the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan


 Add garlic to pan and bake for 5 minutes
Add cubed chicken breast, salt and pepper.  Bake an additional 10 minutes.




Add mushrooms and wine, stir all together and bake  an additional 20 minutes
 Reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees.  Add chopped kale and bake an additional 20 minutes.

Finished Dish!

Comments

Popular Posts