- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp coriander
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 jalapeno peppers (seeded and chopped)
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 14 oz can of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 cup of brown rice
- Begin cooking the rice according to package instructions; generally bring 2 cups of water and 1 cup of rice to a boil then reduce heat and cook for 40-50 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cumin, cayenne pepper, tumeric, and coriander.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Then place in bowl and rub all sides of chicken with the spice mixture.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place chicken in skillet and cook for 10-15 minutes on each side until chicken is fully cooked.
- While chicken is cooking, chop the onion, jalapeno pepper, and tomatoes.
- When chicken is fully cooked, remove chicken, shred, and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet.
- Cook and stir the onion, ginger, jalapeno peppers, and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and add chicken back into skillet. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve chicken mixture on rice and garnish with parsley.
|Cooking the rice and chicken|
|Cooking the chicken mixture|