Basil and Spinach Pesto

I love to make pesto, especially in the summer when I can use fresh basil from my garden. I don't quite have enough basil to make enough pesto for a pasta dish so I supplement the basil with spinach. This can be used as a dressing or sauce, you can dip crackers in it or put it on pasta.

Basil and Spinach Pesto

Ingredients:
  • Handful of fresh basil
  • 4 leaves of fresh oregano
  • 3 handfuls of spinach
  • 2 1/2 tbsp of minced garlic
  • 1 tbsp of chopped walnuts (or pine nuts)
  • 1/2 cup of olive oil
  • 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tsp of nutritional yeast (optional)
Directions:
  1. Wash all fresh ingredients.
  2. Use a food processor to combine all ingredients together. 
  3. Taste and add any extra salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, or garlic to get it to the taste and spiciness that you desire. 


Comments

Popular Posts