Banana Bread (Made with Greek Yogurt)

I have discovered the world of substituting in Greek yogurt and now I do it every chance I get. We had bunch of ripe bananas in our freezer so I dethawed them and decided it was time to make banana bread. I actually doubled the recipe below and made banana bread in regular and muffin form but you can do either. I mostly just modified my favorite banana bread recipe, which is my mom's, and a recipe that I saw that used Greek yogurt. They tasted great; nice and moist! You wouldn't have known that they were made with Greek yogurt.

This recipe makes one pan/loaf of banana bread OR 12 banana bread muffins.

Banana Bread (Made with Greek Yogurt)


Ingredients:
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter (room temperature)
  • 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
  • 1/2 cup 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup diced walnuts (optional)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  2. Combine all dry ingredients together in a medium bowl: flour, baking soda, cinnamon nutmeg, and brown sugar.
  3. Combine all wet ingredients together in a separate medium bowl: butter, bananas, Greek yogurt, vanilla, and eggs. 
  4. Mix together with a hand mixer until just combined. 
  5. (Optional) Stir in diced walnuts at the end. 
  6. If making bread, spray pan with cooking spray. If making muffins, use nonstick muffin paper or spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
  7. Pour the batter into the pan or muffin tins.
  8. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until you can insert and remove a toothpick cleanly and/or top springs back up when touched.
All the ingredients

The finished banana bread

And the finished banana bread muffins

Comments

Popular Posts