This recipe makes one pan/loaf of banana bread OR 12 banana bread muffins.
Banana Bread (Made with Greek Yogurt)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/2 cup 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup diced walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients together in a medium bowl: flour, baking soda, cinnamon nutmeg, and brown sugar.
- Combine all wet ingredients together in a separate medium bowl: butter, bananas, Greek yogurt, vanilla, and eggs.
- Mix together with a hand mixer until just combined.
- (Optional) Stir in diced walnuts at the end.
- If making bread, spray pan with cooking spray. If making muffins, use nonstick muffin paper or spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into the pan or muffin tins.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until you can insert and remove a toothpick cleanly and/or top springs back up when touched.
|All the ingredients|
|The finished banana bread|
|And the finished banana bread muffins|