Steak and Tomato Salad


I have a small garden and love this time of year when I can start making things with fresh from the garden produce.  This recipe was one of those, "let's wing dinner tonight" :-)  I was pleased with the results so I decided to share.

First off, I had an extra grilled steak from when we'd had a family dinner, so I was looking for a creative way to use it.  It was a hot day, so a cool salad sounded like a good plan.  OK, enough of the pre-story here's the recipe.

Ingredients:

Dressing: 

2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 teaspoons of honey
2 tablespoons of lime juice
1 pkg dry ranch dressing mix
1/4 cup fresh salsa
salt and pepper to taste

Salad:

1/2 box whole wheat rotini pasta
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 jalepeno pepper, thinly sliced
pint of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 grilled steak, thinly sliced

Mix all dressing ingredients together and set aside in the refrigerator while you prepare the salad ingredients.

Mix all the salad ingredients together and pour the dressing over the top just before serving.
Here's a picture of my small raised garden...you an see the basil has done very well this year!

Here's a view from the other side where the pepper plans are.




Ingredients

Finished salad

Comments

Popular Posts