Tropical Chicken with Rice (Crockpot)
- 1 can of pineapple chunks (20 oz)
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of soy sauce
- 4-5 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 4 green onions (chopped)
- 2 cups of rice (I like wild or brown rice)
- Peapods (optional)
- Chop the green onions. You may choose to use all of the green onions in the crockpot or save some of them to top the dish with when serving.
- Combine the pineapple juice from the pineapple chunks can, brown sugar, soy sauce, coconut milk, and green onions together in the crockpot.
- Add the chicken breasts to the crockpot and make sure they are covered with the sauce.
- Cook on low for 5-7 hours.
- About 40-45 minutes before serving, begin cooking the rice according to the package directions.
- If desired, cook or grill the pineapple and the peapods (if used) for about 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Shred the chicken before serving by removing it from the crockpot and using a fork and knife, then return shredded chicken to the crockpot.
- To serve, dish up rice, followed by the chicken/sauce mixture, and top with pineapple, peapods (if desired), and green onions (if saved). Enjoy!
|The uncooked mixture in the crockpot|
|The cooked mixture in the crockpot|