Andes Mint Squares Dessert

I was looking for an Irish dessert to go with the corned beef and cabbage dinner tonight.  I didn't have all the ingredients for the recipes I researched, so I made up a quick recipe of my own.  The result was a light, slightly rich dessert.

Ingredients:

Chocolate Crust
1 cup crushed graham crackers
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup sugar
5 tablespoons melted butter

Mix all these ingredients together  and press into the bottom of a 9x9 inch pan

Chocolate layer
3 ounces softened cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 cup milk (adult version may substitute Bailey's Irish Cream)
3 cups non-dairy whipped topping
1/4 cup Andes mints chopped

Beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.  Add cocoa and milk and beat until smooth.
Gradually fold in whipped topping
Spread on top of chocolate crust

Sprinkle with crushed Andes mints and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
Andes Mint Squares

Comments

Popular Posts