Parmesan Garlic Orzo

This recipe was pretty good - my only complaint was that it could have been a little more flavorful, next time I make it, I will probably add more Parmesan cheese or seasonings.

This recipe came from AllRecipes.com. I doubled the recipe from AllRecipes.com because I was making dinner for 4 adults and wanted this as a side.

Parmesan Garlic Orzo


Ingredients:

  • 2 cups of orzo pasta
  • 1/2 cup of butter
  • 4 tbsp of minced garlic
  • 3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
  • 4 tbsp of milk
  • 1 tbsp parsley
  • 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper (I would recommend adding more or other seasonings to up the flavor)
Directions:
  1. In a large pot, boil water with a pinch of salt. Cook orzo in boiling water for about 10 minutes. 
  2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. 
  3. Add garlic to skillet for a few minutes until slightly browned. 
  4. Stir in the orzo to the garlic butter mixture. 
  5. Mix in the Parmesan cheese, milk, parsley, and salt/pepper. 

Comments

Popular Posts