Brown Butter Frosting

So I made banana bread bars using a recipe that my mom posted, which was delicious, and decided to add frosting to half of them. This recipe for the frosting came from Life's Simple Measures, except that I cut it in half since I only wanted to frost half of the bars (I made two pans of bars so this recipe would frost one full pan of banana bread). It complimented the banana bread very nicely. Needless to say, the frosted banana bread bars went more quickly than the unfrosted ones.

Brown Butter Frosting


Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup of butter
  • 2 cups of powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 1.5 tbsp of milk
Directions:
  1. Heat the butter in a large saucepan on medium-high heat until it boils. Let the butter turn a little brown and then immediately remove from heat.
  2. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk. Whisk together until smooth. 
  3. Spread over warm bars with a spatula. 

Comments

Popular Posts