Ingredients for burgers:
- 1 lb of ground turkey
- 1/2 cup of onions (minced or chopped)
- 1 tbsp of mesquite seasoning
- 1 tbsp of Season All seasoning salt
- 1 egg (this holds the ground turkey together)
- Olive oil cooking spray
Ingredients for serving:
- Buns (I used whole wheat sandwich thins)
- Spinach or lettuce
- Barbeque sauce or ketchup
- Mince (or chop) the onions.
- Mix the egg and onions into the raw ground turkey (this is easiest to just mix with your hands).
- Add in the seasonings (mesquite and Season All) and mix more.
- Spray a large skillet or large griddle with cooking spray. Let it heat for a few minutes.
- Roll the ground turkey mixture into medium size balls and flatten them when you put them on the skillet/griddle.The size doesn't change much when you cook them so make the flattened turkey balls the right size and thickness to fit your buns. Do not make them too thick otherwise you will end up with what happened to us below where the outside gets burnt.
- Cook the turkey burgers for about 15 minutes; flipping occasionally so both sides get equally cooked. 15 minutes is approximate; make sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure that the turkey is thoroughly cooked. Do not eat undercooked turkey - it should be cooked all the way through.
- Serve on a bun with spinach/lettuce, tomato, and BBQ/ketchup.
|Too thick and therefore a little burnt; make sure to make your turkey burgers thinner so that they can cook all the way through without getting burnt.|