I modified this Six Sisters' Stuff recipe to serve 2 people. I will put in a little plug for Six Sisters' Stuff -- their blog has so many wonderful recipes, I go on looking for one thing and find 5 recipes I'd like to try.
Brown Sugar Glazed Pork Chops
- 2 boneless butterfly pork chops
- 1/8 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp of paprika
- A dash of salt
- A dash of pepper
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Mix the brown sugar, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Put the pork chops in the mixture and coat them on both sides.
- Heat the oil on a skillet on medium high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the seasoned pork chops. Cooking time will vary based on the size of the pork chops but mine took about 3 minutes on each side. You can normally see the cooking progress on the sides of the pork chops (turns white) but you should also cut it open before serving to make sure it is cooked all the way through.
|The brown sugar mixture on the left and the raw pork chops on the right.|
|The pork chops while they are cooking (these pork chops weren't completely defrosted when I started cooking them so they took a little longer -- always make sure pork chops are completely defrosted.)|
|The full meal with the Brown Sugar Glazed Pork Chops, sugar snap peas, and the grape and walnut quinoa salad again.|