It is adapted from this wonderful quinoa blog called "Cooking Quinoa." Quinoa is such a healthy side (see here for some of benefits of eating quinoa) that I try to use it as much as possible and this quinoa salad is one of my favorites.
Grape and Walnut Quinoa Salad
- 1 1/2 cups of quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups of grapes
- 1 1/2 cups of celery
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 1/4 cup of parsley (fresh if possible)
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1 large shallot (chopped finely) (Optional)
- 1/2 cup of balsamic vinaigrette dressing (I used bottled but she has a recipe if you want to make your own)
- Cook the quinoa. I cook my quinoa with vegetable or chicken broth because I think it gives it better flavor; otherwise I follow the proportions and time specified on the quinoa package. It normally takes about 15-20 minutes to cook.
- While the quinoa is cooking, chop the grapes, celery, parsley (if fresh), and shallot. Combine in bowl.
- Add the walnuts and raisins.
- Add the quinoa after it is finished cooking.
- Mix together.
- Top with the balsamic vinaigrette and mix once more. Now it's ready to serve!
It makes approximately 5-6 cups.