Grape and Walnut Quinoa Salad

As promised, here is the side dish that I served with the Greek Chicken Pitas.

It is adapted from this wonderful quinoa blog called "Cooking Quinoa." Quinoa is such a healthy side (see here for some of benefits of eating quinoa) that I try to use it as much as possible and this quinoa salad is one of my favorites.

Grape and Walnut Quinoa Salad















Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups of quinoa
  • 1 1/2 cups of grapes
  • 1 1/2 cups of celery
  • 1/2 cup of walnuts
  • 1/4 cup of parsley (fresh if possible)
  • 1/2 cup of raisins
  • 1 large shallot (chopped finely) (Optional)
  • 1/2 cup of balsamic vinaigrette dressing (I used bottled but she has a recipe if you want to make your own)
Directions:
  1. Cook the quinoa. I cook my quinoa with vegetable or chicken broth because I think it gives it better flavor; otherwise I follow the proportions and time specified on the quinoa package. It normally takes about 15-20 minutes to cook. 
  2. While the quinoa is cooking, chop the grapes, celery, parsley (if fresh), and shallot. Combine in bowl.
  3. Add the walnuts and raisins. 
  4. Add the quinoa after it is finished cooking. 
  5. Mix together.
  6. Top with the balsamic vinaigrette and mix once more. Now it's ready to serve!


It makes approximately 5-6 cups.

Comments

Popular Posts