Fried Rice - A Cook's Solution to Leftovers

When I make Fried Rice, it's never the same.  That's because I usually use this meal to disguise leftovers from earlier in the week.  I will give you the basic ingredients, but then show you the meal I prepared tonight.

Ingredients

1-2 Cups Chicken/Beef/Pork/Tofu (Your Choice)
2 Cups Veggies
2 Eggs - Scrammbled
1 Clove Garlic
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
4 Cups Cooked Rice

Optional

1/4- 1/2 Cup onions
1/4 cup white wine
2 Tablespoons Cilantro




Tonight I had some left over rice, one chicken breast, and some turkey kielbasa.
Stir fry the meat and garlic until done (If you're using leftovers, the heat is just to warm your ingredients.)  Add the rice, veggies, and soy sauce and any optional ingredients.  Cook until almost done.   At this point, my pan needs to be deglazed, so I add a bit of wine to do this.   Then I push all the ingredients to one side of the pan, add a little oilt and then add the scrammbled eggs and cook in until the egg are done...once one, I mix the eggs in with the rest of the ingredients and serve.




Here's what tonight's version of fried rice looked like.

Comments

Popular Posts