Here is my first recipe. It is easy to make (mostly just dumping cans in a crockpot) and is ready to eat when you are. Very flavorful and delicious! Although if you're cooking for someone who doesn't like things too spicy, you may want to add less chili powder (or none).
Chicken Taco Chili
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 can of corn
- 16 oz of tomato sauce
- 28 oz of diced tomatoes (Rotel)
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder*
- 1 tbsp of chili powder*
- 1 tbsp of ground cumin*
- 1 tbsp of cilantro*
(*Instead of these spices, you can use a packet of taco seasoning if desired)
- Tortilla chips
- Sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- Mexican or taco blend cheese
- Add beans, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and spices (or the packet of taco seasoning) to the crockpot and stir.
- Place chicken on top of rest of the ingredients (I add the chicken breast frozen). Make sure that it is mostly covered by mixture.
- Cook on high for 6-7 hours or low for 8-9 hours.
- Shortly before serving, take chicken out and shred it before adding it back to the chili.
- Serve with tortilla chips for scooping and top with sour cream and cheese.
It makes about 5 big bowlfuls.